Counter

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Let’s Begin!




Let’s begin this blog at my desk-here is a picture of it. I believe your space should be a reflection of who you are. Nothing too cluttered for me, but surrounded by bits and pieces of things I love, things that inspire me and things that connect me to who I am. As you can see I have angel candles on my window, feathers in a jar, shells, pinecones, stones and paperweights on my windowsill, a calendar, a star lantern and a painting of my childhood best friend and I. The things in life that you collect become part of your own personal medicine bag; the tiny shells and stones that seem to call your name while at the beach, the osprey feathers from your walk, the stone that seems to be perfectly shaped like a heart. They hold for you a bit of a healing property and inspiration.

My desk is where I spend my time thinking and creating. I try to keep the drawer organized with scissors, stamps, pens and pencils, paper clips, post it notes and thank you cards. When I turn on the lights and sit there in silence I like to think of it as my special place, grounding me and yet letting me soar. For me being able to look out the window from my desk helps to keep creative thoughts flowing. I like to feel a part of the earth and the changes of the seasons, each day holding something new and special. Deer, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, butterflies on occasion stop by.

So I begin this blog at my very special desk. I hope you’ll journey with me, and “Earth Song Education” through the seasons. We’ll talk about teaching and learning and growing. Thanks for joining me. Let’s take that first step on this journey of a thousand miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment